Child Care Provider Support
- Provide a wide variety of educational opportunities to increase program quality.
- Assist legally licensed exempt providers to meet state mandated minimum standards.
- Employee Seminars
- Enhanced employer child care referrals
- Programs and services information
- Confidential business consultation on family-friendly options
Child Care Resource and Referral Program
As a regional agency for the statewide program, the Indiana Association of Child Care Resource and Referral, Workforce Development Services Inc. / Child Care Resource and Referral maintains a database of over 900 child care providers in Lake, Porter, La Porte & Starke counties. Over the last several years, WDS/CCRR has served over 1400 parents seeking quality child care.
Child Care Resource and Referral Program Features:
- Resource Lending Library (*Temporarily Unavailable*)
- Early Literacy Trainings
- Project Braintree which provides math, science activities and materials (*Limited Availability)
- Special emphasis and training on upgrading the overall quality of child care programs
- Start up workshops for everyone interested in opening a licensed center, licensed home or registered ministry.
- Trained staff available to provide mentoring and technical assistance
CCRR Services Include:
To Register for Trainings Contact:
A CCRR Team Member at 219-882-0033
Orientation Training 1 & 2 - Focuses on the components of the business of child care in addition to the required regulations.
Better Baby Care - The primary focus on this program is parent education, family support and child care provider trainings that support healthy, safe and developmentally appropriate care for infants and toddlers.
Indiana Partnership for Inclusive Child Care - This important project serves to educate, support and empower families and child care providers to increase availability of and access to developmentally appropriate child care for all children. The primary focus of this project is to provide quality child care environments and parental support for families of children with special needs.
Hispanic/Latino Outreach - Responding to Indiana's changing demographics and the large number of Hispanic/Latino populations in Northwest Indiana, the purpose of this project is to provide Spanish-speaking parents with child care referrals services in their first language. Spanish-speaking child care providers receive Orientation Trainings and consultations in their native language. Services include referral to other resources and community support for Spanish-speaking families.
Hispanic Outreach Coordinator in Indianapolis, Vicki Cuenca at 886-865-7056